Catherine Wheel - Chrome, 1993 Storm Thorgerson
Fine art limited edition silkscreen print. Design and photography: StormStudios.
- Only 125 prints available in this edition.
- Printed on 410gsm Somerset Tub Sized paper, by Brad Faine at Coriander from original artwork.
- Signed, titled and numbered by Storm.
- Print Size (in): 33 (w) x 25.5 (h)
- Image Size (in): 19 (w) x 19 (h)
“Chrome is unashamedly a favourite of ours, a good and appropriate idea realised through resolute endeavour, cooperative teamwork and a large slice of luck. The disembodied hand is actually the outstretched hand of the male dancer, briefly visible above the water line. This is the tip of the iceberg, the tip of the three dancers, who are floating below the water level. The lapping water at the edge of our fishtank operated like a natural wipe and provided double exposure, thus the hand is exposed out of water and the bodies exposed underwater. It amounted to an enormous slice of luck, unlike the most famous iceberg in history.” Storm Thorgerson