The Curator's Choice: Anna Pugh
This week we called upon talented British bag designer and maker Anna Pugh to curate a collection of her Top 10 favourite CultureLabel pieces. (We also snuck her wonderful Vogue 100 bag in there for good measure, designed exclusively for the National Portrait Gallery exhibition.)
Anna comes from a background in the clothing industry and as a successful creative pattern cutter has developed her passion for creating pleasing shapes and lines into a stunning collection of her own.
The Curator's Choice:
1. PHILIP SHEFFIELD Full Moon, EAST END PRINTS
Love the beautiful simplicity of this print. The moon needs no more introduction.
2. White King Edison Pendant Lamp, MINEHEART
A little magic world of miniature inside-outness.
3. Duck Feather Hoop Earrings, LEE RENÉE
These little beauties would be right everyday. I want them.
4. Top Knot Ring (Gold), JESSICA POOLE
Wonderful sculptural shape.
5. Gold Banana Necklace, LEE RENÉE
Who wouldn't want to wear a banana round their neck. I really like this.
6. REBECCA GOULDSON Body Parts 1, EDINBURGH PRINTMAKERS
Lovely clarity to these. Number 4 is my favourite.
7. Ora Glass Teapot, THE SCIENCE MUSEUM
A very elegant teapot. I would drink even more tea.
8. MORGAN SILK Lillies, CRANE KALMAN BRIGHTON
Stunning image and wonderful colour palette.
9. Marimekko Weather Diary Medium Plate, DULWICH PICTURE GALLERY
Very pure depiction of weather. Very elemental.
10. ROSA BASURTO Blanco 3, CRANE KALMAN BRIGHTON
Just such a serene image. Dreamlike quality.